The turmeric curcumin is considered the most complete nutritional supplement that exists. Besides, many studies have pointed out its various benefits for both the body and the brain. We can almost consider this to be a super food, as it is able to prevent diseases as serious as cancer and fight pathologies as complex as Alzheimer’s disease or depression. Find out more!
Medicinal properties –
Turmeric has bioactive components that assume real medicinal properties. This spice is mainly known for its yellow color and for being used in Indian curry. However, for thousands of years it has also functioned as a medicinal herb. Turmeric has curcuminoids, which have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects.
- Anti-inflammatory powers – Turmeric supplement helps the body to fight invaders and repair tissues. It is able to inhibit some of the molecules and enzymes that are responsible for chronic inflammation.
- Anti-oxidant capacity – Turmeric increases the antioxidants present in the body, thus combating aging and some diseases. The best turmeric supplement UK also protects the body from free radicals and oxidative damage, neutralizing them.
- Strengthens the Neuro factor – Consuming this supplement helps to improve brain function and reduce the risk of disease. Turmeric helps to increase BDNF levels, being able to delay or reverse brain diseases. It also improves memory and lucidity.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease – Curcumin reverses many of the heart diseases, being able to improve the functioning of the endothelium and the lining of blood vessels. Besides, it reduces inflammation and oxidation.
- Prevents cancer – Curcumin supplements have an effective impact on the development of cancer, at the molecular level. There is also research that advances that turmeric can reduce angiogenesis in tumors and metastasis, besides contributing to the death of cancer cells. There is also information that it can prevent cancers in the digestive system.
- Prevent and treat Alzheimer’s – The curcumin present in saffron manages to cross the blood-brain barrier, improving the pathological process of diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Helps patients with arthritis – Bearing in mind that arthritis is associated with inflammatory episodes and curcumin has an anti-inflammatory power, turmeric is indicated to treat and prevent arthritis.
- Fight depression – Curcumin supplement has an anti-depressant power, so it should be included in the diet of those who are going through a less good phase in their life.
- Fights chronic diseases – Curcumin has an anti-aging effect and is capable of combating chronic diseases, especially those related to aging. The components of turmeric also help to prevent heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s. If you do not usually have this spice in your home, it may be time to rethink the filling of your pantry.
So, now that you know the health benefits offered by turmeric supplement, it is highly recommended to use it. However, amid corona virus pandemic, doctors and researchers are focusing on strengthening immunity power. Believe it or not, turmeric supplement definitely improves your immunity.