Estrogen is a vital hormone that is present in both genders. High levels of this hormone can have an adverse effect on our bodies. Humans (both males and females, alike) are under a vital risk if the estrogen levels increase at an accelerated rate.
Symptoms of high estrogen levels
- Irregular periods
- Low Sex Drive
- Mood changes such as depression, or anxiety
- Memory problems
- Hair Losses
- Erectile dysfunction
- Enlarged breasts
What can you do to overcome this?
- If there are high BPH(benign prostatic hyperplasia) levels, you can take the prostate supplements as they contain all the necessary nutrients that are required
- You can try to overcome the daily stress by going on for exercise regularly.
- Have organic and hormone-free foods that prevent xenoestrogen and also the production of other hormone-disrupting chemicals such as the phthalates and synthetic estrogen.
- Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night.
- Meditate and carry out other sorts of exercises that will help you reduce your stress levels to a significant level
- Take a lot of multivitamin and mineral oriented food to decrease estrogen dominance.
- Estrogen is removed through the bowel. Therefore if your bowel movements are not right and you are suffering from constipation of any sort then the estrogen is taken in by the body.
- The signs of estrogen dominance can be erased off with the natural, bioidentical progesterone that is available at over the counter medicine section of any drug store. This is two percent cream where one-quarter teaspoon contains almost 20 mg of progesterone. Use around one quarter to one-half teaspoon of the cream on the skin after every two to three weeks. You can also make use of essential oils of different specifications, available at stores like YESWELLNESS to work on eliminating the harmful indicators of the estrogen dominance.
- The liver acts as a filter that exudes out the harmful toxic chemicals produced in our body from the products we consume. When the liver has to work more than usual to excrete out the harmful chemicals in components such as alcohols and cigarettes then the capacity of the liver to clean estrogen in the blood decreases.
- If you wish to clean the excess estrogen naturally, you can opt for cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower that contains a component known as diindolylmethane or DIM. Having these vegetables improves the metabolism of the estrogen and can help keep the body balanced. The DIM can obstruct the aromatase enzyme and prevent the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Also, the DIM is able to change the estrogen from a highly formidable form to a less potent form that reduces the overall effect of estrogen in the body.
Estrogen is a vital hormone present in both the genders as we have discussed earlier. Therefore if you notice any symptoms that may look similar to those of estrogen dominance as described above, visit a specialized doctor immediately and consult with them on what must you do to reduce the estrogen levels back to normal.