The biggest problem with this disease is that people too often do not attach much importance to it and ignore the disturbances in the work of the heart. Therefore, it is not even possible to compile accurate morbidity statistics. It is believed, however, that at least two and a half million people nowadays are sick with atrial fibrillation.
In this animation we explain atrial fibrillation as an irregular heart rhythm that originates in the top left chamber of the heart, and that carries the risk of stroke. He explains that your af treatment will assess your heart, may prescribe blood thinners, and will discuss other treatment options with you.
Lack of education about the problems that can arise with health does not allow a person to understand that he has atrial fibrillation.
There are risk factors that increase the likelihood of this ailment:
- Age is a crucial factor. The older the person is, the higher the likelihood of developing heart problems.
- Atrial fibrillation and alcohol are inextricably linked. Alcohol abuse (intermittent or continuous) increases the risk of heart problems.
- Stress is another possible cause. A restless lifestyle, anxiety at work or school can “shake” the normal rhythm of the heart, even in a young and healthy body.
Atrial fibrillation can turn into heart failure, a much more severe life-threatening disease. Many patients, however, do not even imagine how dangerous arrhythmia is, and are in no hurry, even if there is suspicion, to see a cardiologist.
You should turn to him in any case if you have anxiety about the work of the heart. After all, there may be other heart problems, same angina pectoris (we wrote here how to treat angina pectoris at home).
The presence of one of these symptoms does not necessarily mean that the patient has atrial fibrillation. But to make sure of this once again and to establish the reason will not be superfluous.
Treatment and prevention
In order not to have to use folk remedies for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, it is best not to bring yourself to this state. Moreover, both prevention and af treatment are not tricky.
In order not to earn a disability in the heart, one should not panic even when faced with such a diagnosis as arrhythmia. While the disease is in a mild form, you can cope with it yourself.
An effortless diet for atrial fibrillation is as follows:
- It is necessary to eat fractionally (many times a little, and not once or twice a lot). The vagus nerve can become irritated due to a feeling of fullness in the stomach, which will depress the heart.
- Egg yolks, too fatty meat, brains, caviar and other foods with a lot of cholesterol should be excluded from the diet.
Many are frightened by the diagnosis of atrial fibrillation, and they are wondering if this disease can be cured at all. The answer is yes, you can. There are simple recipes for this.
Atrial fibrillation is a serious condition, even if it is mild and rare. It requires careful attention, adherence to specific rules. At the same time, the treatment of atrial fibrillation does not necessarily need to be carried out with drugs.