Nootropics are supplements or drugs used to improve cognitive function. They come in many forms such as a pill, capsule, crystal, powder, or even a type of tea. The Overall Best Natural Nootropics can help improve memory and mood or increase focus and energy levels.
The 5 Best Nootropics for Boosting Brain Power
1) Piracetam: This supplement is derived from the neurotransmitter called GABA. People who use this find it helps improve mental clarity and reduce some side effects of aging like depression and anxiety. People have also noticed improvements in their creative thinking abilities with piracetam use. This supplement is helpful in boosting memory and reducing headaches.
2) Creatine: This naturally occurring supplement comes from meat and fish. It helps improve brain function by supplying the body with more energy. It also protects your brain from damage in the form of oxygen-free radicals. Studies have shown that it helps improve mental performance and make you feel more awake and alert.
3) Caffeine: Everyone knows this one well, but did you know caffeine can help you focus better? Studies have shown that caffeine makes cognitive tasks easier to complete and improves ones accuracy when completing a task. Taking 100 mg of caffeine before a test or exam has been shown to increase test scores by 10%. Coffee, tea, chocolate and cola drinks all contain caffeine and you don’t have to worry about overdoses. Studies have shown that consuming high doses of caffeine is safe.
4) N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC): This supplement comes from a compound called cysteine. People who supplement with this report feeling less depressed and having overall better moods. It has been found to improve memory in people who have suffered from strokes or brain injuries. It also lowers the chances of developing dementia in people over the age of 65 by 50%.
5) Ginkgo Biloba: This supplement has been used for centuries in China to improve memory and mental clarity. It is believed that this supplement increases blood flow to the brain. It has been used to treat age-related memory problems, as well as other conditions like anxiety and depression.
A Word of Warning: When using these supplements, it is important to remember that each person responds differently to drugs and supplements. They may make you feel more alert or focused but you may find they also make you feel jittery or cause insomnia. Psychics advise that if you find a supplement doesn’t work for you; try another one or try taking a smaller dose than the label recommends.